- Guideline: 1 cup of dry beans will make 2 1/2 cups of cooked beans – about 4 servings.
- Rinse to remove any dirt and stones
- Cover with 3 – 4 times the volume in warm water and soak overnight
- Discard old water. Add fresh water and bring to the boil
Pour this water off and add a fresh batch, and continue boiling until beans are soft
In place of salt try our vegetable stock for delicious flavour
Cooking time: 60 minutes for most beans, 60 minutes for lentils, 4 hours for chickpeas
Baked Sweet Potatoes with chili bean topping
6-8 Sweet potatoes (baked at 180-200oC for 1 hour)
- 1 can chickpeas or other beans (drained) 1-2 Tbsp. Mary-Ann’s olive oil
- 1-2 tsp. Mary-Ann’s Garlic & Herb salt
- Juice of 1-2 -1 lemons
- Extra chili optional
- 1-2 tsp. Ground cumin
Pinch ground ginger
Blend all topping ingredients together, until a smooth paste is formed. Adjust seasoning to suite taste. Place on top of slit sweet potatoes and serve with grilled tomato slices and baked leeks.
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes diced
- fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Sprinkle with Mary-Ann’s Seasoning salt and bake in a hot oven until soft
There are no reviews yet.