Bring 1 Cup of rice to 3 Cups of water and 1 tsp Mary-Ann’s herb salt or Vegetable stock or plain hand harvested sea salt to the boil for about 45 minutes. Once water has boiled reduce temperature, keep the lid on and simmer gently until the water has been absorbed. Do not stir or it will get mushy and sticky.
- 1 Cup short grain rice
- 2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1-2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Coconut Cream (or milk) or half a Filtered water with 1/2 Cup coconut milk or cream
- 1 Cup non-oiled raisins
- 2 -3 tablespoons raw honey
- Cook the rice as per the instructions on the packet, and add the mashed bananas together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well and pour into ovenproof dish. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon / nutmeg and bake at 180° for 40 minutes.
Optional: drizzle a little extra honey over once out of the oven if you prefer it even sweeter.
- 4-5 cups cooked Mary-Ann’s brown rice; cool the rice and blend until dough like. Press onto a flat baking sheet, and chill for an hour. Remove and bake at 180° C for about 40 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Top with tomato pesto or puree
- Sliced artichokes
- Sliced mushrooms
- Chopped rinsed capers
- Red peppers, sliced
- Some shredded spinach.
Bake in a hot oven (above 200°C) for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. You can also serve this without re-baking it, and then top with some sliced avocado.
There are no reviews yet.